Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Harrison is 21 Months!

I know I'm a little late on this post this month -- Harrison was actually 21 months on Monday! He's still quite a growing boy! He eats ALL THE TIME! I'm starting to fear what my grocery bill's gonna be in about 10 years. :)

Changes this month:

*He's finally talking A LOT! His new words this week are "turtle" "diego" "book" and "backpack." I'm still the only one that can understand a lot of his words; however, they are becoming more and more clear all the time.

*He loves to read. He will sit in my lap and let me read to him for 30 minutes. He just keeps bringing me books and he sits so still and quiet while I read -- except for pointing to pictures of things he knows and telling me those words.

*He is always wanting to go outside. This boy is a climber! He brings me his shoes and sits by the backdoor wanting to go outside to play. He has NO FEAR when it comes to the outside. He loves to slide and yell "weeeeee" and he goes down. And yep, he goes down that slide feet first, head first, backwards.....he's tried it all.

*He's still a good eater -- he's even found a love for steamed broccoli -- yummy! He loves all fruits and most meats. Bacon is his favorite. He'll stand under the microwave and cry until it's ready -- then cry until I give him a piece. Saturday he ate 4 pieces of bacon for breakfast -- more than Matt!!

*He has discovered crayons and markers! He loves to sit and color. And, he's discovered that markers DON'T fit up his nose -- but they do make a mess. At least they're washable. :) He's dying to get his hands on the scissors, too -- but not yet.

*He's gotten pretty mischevious lately. Twice I've been unable to find him -- searched the house in a PANIC -- only to have him come out from behind a curtain or out from under a table laughing at me!

*He's not doing as great in the sleeping department. He's been waking up a lot a night, crying -- I think he might be getting those 2 year molars (he's also started chewing on everything) . He's always been a champion sleeper -- and still takes a good 3 hour nap. yee-haw. .

*My little guy loves life. I've never met someone so laid back (generally). Seriously -- he just goes around the house laughing. He laughs when he come down the slide and claps for himself. He laughs in the stroller. He laughs at the dinner table when there's a lull in conversation. And he has this outrageous, LOUD laugh. It cracks all of us up!

No comments: