Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a difference a year makes!

Today was our first day of preschool. This time last year, Madeleine still seemed like such a baby and cried as I dropped her off at school. Well, not this year! She's been talking about school for WEEKS and bounced out of bed this morning ready to get dressed and GO! She's gotten to be such a big girl!

This year both kids are going two days a weeks -- and I'm teaching the 1 year old class. I thought it might be a good way to meet some other moms and make some friends. It's worked out wonderfully since I hadn't really planned on sending Harrison this year (he's already had a lot of transition with the move), but he's in my class & doing good! Our school this year lasts through lunch, so the kids had the fun task of choosing a lunch box. Madeleine knew INSTANTLY that she wanted a princess lunch box, of course. I'd planned on picking Harrison's for him, but he actually pointed to the football lunchbox. He's been toting it around the house for days! :)

Here's my big girl, all ready for her first day!

This is the best pic I could get of Harrison. He's trying to get to the food in the lunchbox.....and it's just after breakfast!
Another picture, mom! Can't I go already!
I asked Madeleine if she wanted me to walk her down to her room......she said, "no, thanks, I want to go by myself." WAAAAAA.
Reaching her door & waving bye. I didn't see her again until after school was over. She helped her teacher clean up and then came and found me.
I'd pretty much decided that Madeleine was going to wait until turning 6 to go to Kindergarten; however, her teacher said she did great! She can write/spell her name and has recently gotten into counting EVERYTHING! She's started asking me what two different numbers make together...."what's three and two?" and so we're working on adding! After seeing her excitement about today and how great she did, I'm starting to prepare myself for the idea that this might be my last year to have her home with me all day! :( Where did the time go?

No comments: