Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3 Months!

This has been the fastest month yet! I'm seeing a trend here. :) Charlotte has changed so much this month! She's moved out of that newborn stage and into a true infant stage.

She's still my smiley girl. She always has a smile for her momma. I love peeking over the edge of her bed in the morning and watching her face just light up. She has one of those smiles that reaches her eyes and I so hope it stays that way. She can laugh and squeal when she's really excited about something. Her new favorite thing to do is look at herself in the mirror. It makes me laugh to watch her talk to herself in the mirror. :)

She's fallen into more of a routine this month. Can you hear my sigh of relief??? She still not a great napper & I've decided that I'm just going to live with that. Our routine changes so much depending on the day of the week that it's hard to get her on a set schedule. However, we have established a good bedtime routine and she's happily sleeping around 9 hours straight each night! Hurray! It's not the 9 hours I'd choose -- she sleeps from 8ish till 5ish, but I can live with it. She usually eats at 5 then goes back to sleep till around 7.

She still isn't loving her paci much. I can get her to take it if she's really really tired, but as soon as she's asleep she spits it out. She much prefers to suck on her hand -- she can fit almost her entire fist in her mouth! I'd been afraid she'd start to suck her thumb, but she prefers her whole fist. Ha!

She's still sleeping in our room at night. I know I should be thinking about moving her to her crib, but I just love having her close by. She's stayed in our room much longer than the older two, but I'm just not in any hurry to move her.



I think this week I'm going to be trying her in her exersaucer. She sits SO WELL. I can sit her on my lap and she can support herself with minimal help from me. I think it's that big belly of hers that helps. :) She doesn't like to be held in the "baby hold" unless she's sleepy; otherwise she wants to be sitting up and looking around. There's always something going on at our house.

This girl has some rolls!!! She's such a chunky monkey! She loves her bath time and sits so contently in the tub for as long as I'll let her stay in there. I just love how she smells after her baths, too.
She's quite a talker.....just like her brother and sister. She can coo loudly! I think she's already realized she'll have to speak up to be heard. I could sit and listen to her all day. Sometimes I forget she can't really talk yet since I talk to her a lot and she responds so much to what I'm saying. I've taken many many videos of her sweet cooing sounds. It just never gets old.
She's quite the momma's girl and I love it. I love that I know all her cries and fusses and can solve the problem. It's a wonderful time when I can solve all the problems in her world.
She loves her bows, too. Ok -- I love the bows, but she'll leave them in all day! Hurray! I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :)

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Love that little whale outfit...and those precious smiles! I'm ready for another Charlotte fix!

If it makes you feel any better I kept both of our boys in our room until 4 months. And Drew also had that early morning feed (around 4-5 am) until he was over a YEAR! Wait a minute...that might not make you feel better at all. Forget I said that. :)