Friday, April 2, 2010

Something that makes it all worthwhile

As a mom there are so many times when I find myself wondering if I'm doing it right. Did I make the right decision? Am I doing a good enough job? Sometimes the days (okay, nights too) are very very long and it's easy to start to feel a little lost in this job of motherhood -- especially since I don't work outside of our home. My right now is tied so strongly to my children.

However, there are moment, many moments, that make it so very worthwhile. Moments that reaffirm that I, in fact, am doing a good job. They are the times that I get spontaneous hugs or works of art, the times when I find my children pretending to be a mommy and daddy and playing house.

Last week Madeleine brought this home in her folder.



It made me cry. I love it. I will keep it forever. And I'll know, that at least for a moment, all she wanted was to be like me.

4 comments:

Kelly B. said...

How precious is that!! Awww so sweet!

Jamie said...

I love that!! I would treasure it too!

~aj~ said...

Absolutely precious! Even made me teary!!!

Allison said...

That is wonderful! I needed that too!!!