Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lots of Blog Love

Yippee! I was honored with my first blog award this past week....

This came from my friend AJ and it's such fun! If you've never read her blog, hop on over there and check it out. It's always a fun read and she's much better than I am at updates! :) She's an amazing mom of soon to be 3 boys & she encourages me and inspires me as a mother and friend. She was one of the first people I met at our new church & I'm not sure what I would have done without her!! Our life would have been without a few hundred playdates. :)

As part of this award I'm supposed to talk about 10 things that make me happy. Going along with what AJ did, I'll leave off the obvious (God, Matt, kids, friends) and mention some more obsure things you might not know:

1. Sonic Diet Cherry Cokes -- especially during Happy Hour. :) I'll admit it, I'm completely hooked on them. They are the perfect pick me up in the afternoon. Going along with that, I also love Diet Cherry Cokes in the can. Unfortunately they don't sell them in NWA & I have to stock up every time I'm in Little Rock.

2. Fancy Headbands. Nothing like a little bling to make this mom of three feel fancy. We all need a little Fancy Nancy now and then.

3. My Ugg Slippers. My mom got them for me for Christmas and I've almost worn a hole in the heel of one. They are bliss for feet.

4. Books. I know this is very generic but I absolute love reading. I'm a very eclectic reader. I read everything from teen books to classics. I'm currently hooked on historical fiction after reading The Historian. I'm also in the middle of re-reading the Little House Books -- easy but enjoyable.

5. Braums. I can thank this for the extra few pounds I can't seem to lose but it's oh so worth it. Yummy goodness in every bite. Wouldn't be a weekend around here without a Braums run.

5. Say Yes to the Dress. Thank you TLC for coming up with this show. I'm hooked!

6. My phone. What did I do before I could check Facebook and my email anytime, anywhere??

7. Running. I don't get to run as often as I'd like right now, but it is such a stress reliver for me. Hopefully as we find our new routine I'll have more time for this. I usually either listen to my music or enjoy the quiet and think or pray.

8. My minivan. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do love my minivan. It's made my life so much easier that I don't even mind that it's a completely uncool mom car. :)

9. Our new twin beds. We bought them for Harrison's new room, but both Matt and I find ourselves hoping that one of the kids will come in our bed sometime in the night so we can go to their bed!! With their perfect pillow top and 500 threadcount sheets it's like sleeping on a cloud.

10. Spanx. They really are a mom-of-3's best friend. Enough said!

Now I get to pass it on to 3 people:

1. My cousin Katie at Whittsville. Reading about her kids has made me feel like I know them even though we're thousands of miles apart. I have a feeling that if we ever get our boys together it's going to be a MESS. Reading about Lily and Jamison always make me smile and I love knowing that there's another stinker of a boy besides Harrison in our family. :) She'll be joining the 3 kid club this summer, too.

2. Jamie at Keeping Up With the Keims. Jamie and I became friends when we lived in LR. Her kids are the exact same age as mine. We always had such fun on playdates and our kids got along great! She's inspired me with her faith as they've traveled a difficult path with sweet Hannah's health. She's just one of those people that you can't help but enjoy being around and she's always doing something fun with her kids which inspires me to go the extra mile with mine!

3. Jamie at Emery's World. Jamie is my sister-in-law and the mother of my favorite niece! :) I'm so thankful that she has a blog so I can keep up with all the cuteness of Miss Emery Kate! I just wish we lived closer so we could love on Emery all the time and the kids to play together....maybe someday. Jamie is always posting beautiful pics of Emery and it inspires and reminds me to dress up my kids and take nice pics of them.

No comments: