Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fairy Magic

Madeleine has become such an avid reader over the past few months. She's discovered the Fairy Books -- thanks to Adam & Drew & their mom who gave her the first ones for her birthday -- and now she can't seem to get enough of them. They are great first reader books, but they also have longer books as well. Right now her favorites are the rainbow fairies & she draws pictures of them & even writes her own little stories about them, which I have stored away & plan to keep forever.
As someone that reads all the time, my heart flutters as I watch her fall in love with reading, too. I love her excitement over a new book and the thought she puts into picking out a new book, too. She reads a lot of the time in the car and I often see her sitting in the carpool line reading as she's waiting for me to pick her up (usually because I'm one of the last ones there & her friends have gone -- poor gal).
Last week, she read from her Bible herself. We were sitting down to do our daily reading for JourneyLand & after reading the story, she wanted to try and read her memory verse herself. I found myself tearing up as I listened to her reading the Word of God for the first time by herself (and I wrote that special day in her baby book, too). She was so excited to be able to do this and so proud that she could! To say that I was pretty proud of her as well would be an understatement.

No comments: