Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hibernating

We've spent most of this week trapped indoors. During the night Monday night we got several inches of snow & that combined with temps well below freezing all week long meant we had NO school from Tues-Friday. When we got up Tuesday morning & opened the door this is what we found:
So, we stayed inside and had such fun. I have to admit, I love days off from snow. I know we'll probably still be going to school well into June, but I don't care! One of the best things is that Matt's always off with us! I realize this isn't the case for most of my friends & I also know what a HUGE blessing this is for us! I think I might have lost my mind if I'd been here, trapped inside alone, with all 3 kiddos for 4 straight days. :)

The first couple of days, Matt worked on Ph.D stuff, prepped for Ramay, & worked on his lesson for class on Sunday. Then the last 2 days we've just had FUN! The kids have been so good & have played so well. I think Madeleine & Harrison are just finally at that age where they can play & imagine stories together & they'll play happily alone for hours sometimes. I love to see them "doing stories" (as they call it) and hear them laughing together.

Obviously we keep the house pretty warm (not looking forward to that heating bill!).
We've also spent a lot of time playing games. Some of our favorites now are Memory, Sorry, Trouble & Guess Who. Harrison can play a couple of those & is learning with the rest. And, Miss Madeleine is amazing at games! It can get pretty competitive & she can talk some smack. :)
Charlotte has loved having everyone home this week and all the extra attention she's been getting. She's going to be pretty spoiled by the time everyone goes back to school.

And, after being indoors too long, things get a big silly around here...

Thankfully, Harrison did change into his Woody costume eventually. Hahaha!
We did venture out to Walmart to get some more staples (i.e. milk, eggs & stuff for chocolate cake!). It took us almost 3 hours to get the 5.5 miles to Walmart -- do our shopping -- and get home. I'm already planning to do some more shopping before we get even MORE snow this week!

No comments: