Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting Ready for V-Day

The days leading up to Valentine's Day were busy ones for us. I got a little "heart" happy and made lots of heart-shaped goodies to get us in the mood for the big day. :) I cut everything from sandwiches and toast to cheese into heart shapes -- might as well take advantage of the kids being at the age they totally love that kind of thing!

I made these heart truffles which were a huge hit!
And some heart shaped cookies. Not our usual big cut-out, iced, all-out cookie shindig, but these were easier and they were just as happy with them. :)

We celebrated an early Valentine's Day with Madeleine's class on Friday. I spent most of last week covering 20 shoeboxes in white butcher paper (no small task!) to get ready. Here's my sweet Charlotte in her new outfit from my new favorite spot -- LollyWollyDoodle. :)



We arrived at Madeleine's school while the kids were at PE and got everything set up. I was pretty nervous how this was going to work, since the party fell right in the middle of Charlotte's nap time. I'd saved her lunch for then, so she spent the first bit of the party happily eating in her stroller. Then she got up and roamed around, entertaining all the kids. :) Madeleine's teacher, Mrs. L, is awesome and so so sweet to my children.


The started the party by decorating their boxes, which these 2nd graders took very seriously. They spent the first 30 minutes working on their boxes and then they quickly exchanged their valentines.

Harrison was my big helper and so good during the party! He spent a big part of the time talking Mrs. L's ear off -- at one point I heard him tell her "I only go one kind of potty at school." Yeah, great. I think she got a good laugh at that. :)

We finished up the party with some valentine bingo and yummy snacks. I checked Madeleine out early and we headed home for Charlotte to get some rest. Poor girl, she was asleep before we left the parking lot and slept for 3 hours. It wore her out!


I love being up at Madeleine's school and seeing all the fun things she is doing and learning. Being the homeroom mom is a lot of work, but so worth every late night! Madeleine is alway so excited to have us up there!

1 comment:

Izzy A. said...

Nice pictures, and I like the designs you have on your blog :)