Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pinterest Projects

Pinterest is a dangerous thing. Not only can it keep me up all hours of the night while I look at all the amazing things that other people do, but in that sleep-deprived state it also makes me think that I'm crafty, which I am so NOT. But, I have done a few projects in the past few weeks that turned out pretty good.

I made this sign -- we write on it in dry erase and leave little loves notes for each other. Cuteness!
I made this for valentine's day. The best part is that neither of these projects actually cost me and money -- I used frames and paper I already had. Woohoo! This "love you" turned out so cute I'm thinking it might go to Charlotte's room after valentine's day is over.

This is not actually a pinterest project, since I kinda just did it on my own. Madeleine is the craft queen at our house and she just loves to tack her crafts up in her room, leaving lots of tiny little holes in her walls. So, I made this cork board for her and she can pin to her little hearts content. When the paper gets all hole-y, we'll just replace it. I used my new favorite craft accessory permanent double sided tape to attach it. That stuff is like glue, but much better for us non-crafty people. :)

I also framed this "M" that was in her nursery, but just never fit in her new room for her desk.

I have a couple more projects in the works and one that I'm really excited to try! If it works out, I'll post pics.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

For what it's worth, I think you are super crafty!

I tried a new Pinterest project this week and it was a ginormous fail. It only cost me about 10 bucks, but I'd sure like to have that hour of time back! :)