Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's 2012

We had a great, but busy, Valentine's Day this year. It started out great, with Matt sending me flowers! I was completely surprised by them -- with his sudden transition this week into a (BIG!) new job, I didn't think he'd have Valentine's on his mind, but he surprised me! And, I love them! Thanks to pinterest, I had a blast making valentine's for the kids this year! These are the ones Harrison took to preschool.

And, the ones for his teachers.

These were Charlotte's valentines that we gave to a few of her friends. I'm thinking I'll be using these again, they were so cute (and I still have a kagillion bubbles left over).
I'd made these last week for Matt to take to work for all the teachers, but since he's not there anymore, I stuck them in everyone's lunch.

This month is teacher appreciation for the 2nd grade teachers at Madeleine's school. I made these for her to take.

After getting everyone settled (Madeleine off to school and Harrison at preschool), Charlotte and I ran home to pick up and do some laundry. Then it was back to Harrison's school for his party. The director of his school is amazing and full of fun ideas! They had these cute bags to put their valentines into.

After handing out valentines they spread out and got to look at their haul. :) I'm amazed by the craftiness of these moms! All the valentines were adorable!

Again, this party fell during Charlotte's naptime, but she did pretty well. She ate her lunch during the party (again).

The party setup.

Harrison sitting next to his best bud, Drew. These boys are a mess together, but love each other so much! I'm so thankful for this sweet friendship.

After filling up, they did a fun activity of stacking conversation hearts.





After the party, we headed home for Charlotte to get a quick nap before we had to pick up Madeleine. It was a busy afternoon -- we picked up Madeleine, grabbed a quick snack at Sonic and headed back to her school because I had a Board Meeting & PTO meeting. Fun way to spend Valentine's huh? :) After all that, we met Matt at our favorite Mexican spot for some dinner, which made a Happy Valentine's to me since I didn't have to cook! Then we headed home for the kids to see their surprises. Charlotte and Harrison both had M&Ms and a new book.

And, Madeleine had M&Ms and some roses from her Daddy.



Here's Matt with his 2 little Valentines. :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com