Thursday, March 29, 2012

Growing Up

I have been avoiding thinking about this day for weeks now. It's been marked on our calendar,

March 29th, Kindergarten Registration

And, I've been dreading it. It means that he's really going to go to school this fall. Our life as it's been for the past 3 years will, once again, change. And, I know this change is going to tug hard at my heart. The funny thing is, that for the last several months, Harrison has been completely and utterly disinterest in going to school. He has gone as far as telling me that he's just not going to go. But, today at the exact moment that I finished filling at the paperwork, signed the last form, he looked up from the book he was reading and announce in his typical loud voice,

"Mommy, I've changed my mind. I AM going to kindergarten. And, it's going to be FUN."

No comments: