Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Past 5 Days...

The past 5 days, Matt has been at a conference in Tampa, getting lots of rest, eating at great restaurants and enjoying time with his favorite collegues.
All the while, I've been home holding down the fort. Thankfully, I had some awesome help with my mom here (she cleaned my carpets!) and the kids enjoyed some time with Mimi as well. We had a busy Wednesday, dropping Matt off and then heading to Alma to pick up my mom.

Thursday was Madeleine's school program which was so cute! It's an entire post all in itself.
Friday, we met up with our besties (who were also without their dad -- craziest part is both the hubs were in the same area) at the mall for some fun playtime a.k.a. wear the kids out and hope for good naps! :) Charlotte has become obsesses with Titus the past couple of weeks and talks constantly about "Ty Ty" at our house. But, as soon as we get around him, she gets all shy. I tried to snap a couple of pictures of them and at first Charlotte wanted nothing to do with it -- she was pouting about the picture which Titus was showing off his adorable smile!
Finally, she warmed up and got a little closer, but not too close.
We ended our playtime with a ride on the mini carousel.
And snapped some pictures of the boys in their knight armour that they wore while we were there. I think they spent most of the time sword fighting each other and the rest of it playing spies. :)
Friday ended with Grandad arriving and things got pretty silly pretty fast.
Mimi and Grandad left on Saturday and thankfully, we had date night that night so the kids went and I did some early Easter shopping. By the time I picked up the kids, we stopped for ice cream, got everyone home and bathed (twice, since Charlotte decided to poop in the tub) I was exhausted! I think we were all ready for Daddy to get home! We headed out Sunday morning to pick him up at the airport....then home for mommy to get a nap. :)

No comments: