Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Knight in Shining Armor

Harrison has been obsessed with knights lately. He's been fighting pretend dragons and the occasional "bad guy" with his homemade sword (a bubble wand). It was obvious that this guy needed some real knight armor so Harrison and I got on Amazon and checked out all the different sets and finally he decided on one. He counted the days until it came (thankfully, I got 2-day shipping because those were some long 2 days!) and while we were waiting on it to arrive I had to keep the picture of it up on the computer and found him looking at it constantly. And, he's worn it daily since it arrived. I love the face he makes when he is fighting!
I like to ask him what he is fighting and usually he says a Night Fury Dragon or some other kind of dragon. Sometimes he says a "mean guy." But, one day last week, during a particularily heated battle where he was grunting "take that you bad guy!", he surprised me with his answer -- he told me that he was on God's Team and he was fighting the Devil. That one made me smile and made so proud of my little knight!

No comments: