Monday, April 15, 2013

Be still my heart

{Friday night, I went to our church to help some of our good friends that are in the process of adopting from China & Congo. A group of girls got together and made around 400 iced cookies in the shape of China & Africa to be a part of the meal they served on Sunday. It was such a fun night of hard work, but hard work is much more fun when you have friends around you!}

When I got home, Matt had this story to tell me--

He was laying in bed with Harrison at bedtime. Matt said the first half of the prayer and then Harrison finished. In his part, Matt asked that God bless Harrison as he grows up and goes through his life. After the prayer was over Harrison asked Matt what that meant?

Matt told him that we pray that for him daily and we pray that he will grow up and marry a nice girl that loves God like he does.

Harrison's quick reply, "I'm going to marry mommy." sigh

Matt told him that mommy was already married to daddy, so Harrison can't marry me. But, maybe he can marry someone like mommy.

Harrison's quick reply, Daddy, there's NO ONE like mommy.
Be still my heart.

No comments: