Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a fun and busy Easter weekend this year! We started our break with some playtime at the playground after school that Thursday -- the kids had friday off this year which was a nice treat!
We went to Little Rock for Easter this year. This is the first Easter we haven't stayed home in 5 years and it was nice to have a change. Of course this little cutie had something to do with why we went down there. :)

My kids just adore Cormac. They all love on him and want to hold him. Madeleine is especially good with him and is such a great helper!
Unfortunately Friday night Harrison started feeling bad. By Saturday morning he had a fever and sore throat. We decided to go on and take him to the doctor and I'm so thankful that we did. He ended up with strep. What a crummy way to spend easter weekend.
Saturday afternoon was spent taking care of Harrison and helping Mimi get ready for Easter lunch. Saturday night was something we were all looking forward to and Matt nicely volunteered to stay home and watch Harrison so I could go. Our whole family met up with our Little Rock "family" for dinner at one of all of our favorite spots. I can't even begin to count the hours that we've spent with the Stevens family in my lifetime. We've been with them for Easters, birthday, and every Christmas Eve growing up. Kathy hosted my wedding shower and had me over for birthdays when I was in college and away from my parents. Some people become your family because you are related by blood, other because you are joined by love. I'm so thankful for this sweet family and they bond that we all share. Our parents became friends before there were any kids -- and now there are 19 of us.

Sadly, I only took on picture that night -- keeping up with 2 girls during dinner kept me busy. But, I did manage to snap this picture of Andrea, Livia, and Cormac.
We headed home Saturday night and got ready for the Easter bunny to come!

Madeleine's basket

Charlotte's basket
Harrison's basket

They were up early the next morning and excited to see what he'd left for them!



I stayed home with Harrison and Matt took the girls to church with my parents.

Here are my girls all dressed up. Charlotte wore Madeleine's easter dress from 5 years ago. I loved it then and I love it now. Amazing to think how much time has passed since then -- it seems like I just bought it for Madeleine!
And this little cutie was there for Easter lunch too.



We were sad to go home, but it was such a fun weekend, full of family, good friends, and lots of yummy food!

No comments: