Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break {Part 2}

We planned a pretty low-key spring break this year. Matt had to work some at Ramay and he also needed to get some work done on his grad work as well.
 
Monday started off bright and early. Matt took Harrison to his dentist appt early that morning -- I know, what a way to start spring break, with an 8am dentist appt! Then Harrison got to go to work with Matt while the girls and I did some grocery shopping for the week. Divide and Conquer, right??
 
We finished up and picked up Harrison and headed home. The rest of the day was spent playing outside or hanging out around the house. I'd discovered the Magic Treehouse website and showed it to Harrison that afternoon. He and Madeleine spent most of the afternoon playing that or doing Reflex Math (their choice, not mine. :) 
We taught Harrison to play SORRY that night and had some pretty competitive games the rest of the week! We love to play games as a family and we are very competitive!

Matt had to work again Tuesday and the kids and I spent the morning hanging out and having a Wii tourney.

Matt had acutally gone into the office around 7 so he could come home early. He got home early that afternoon so Madeleine and I could go out and do some spring shopping. We found some great things and I snapped this picture of this dress that we both loved -- and of course bought!

We met up and Matt, Harrison & Charlotte for dinner at our fav mexican spot. Yum! Madeleine & I beat them there and enjoyed some chips and salsa just us for a bit.
Wednesday was my day off. :) Matt stayed home and took care of the kids and I got to have most of the day to myself. With his crazy work schedule right now (and getting even crazier in April) I just needed a day to take care of those little things I'd been putting off (like Easter shopping!). I also needed to get the kids some warm weather clothes with spring just around the corner. It was such a nice day and one that I desperately needed. Not only to get things done, but also to just refresh my spirit and prepare for the coming months.

While I was gone, Matt took the kids on a picnic to the park and played games with them. They had a super-fun day with Daddy too!

Thursday we met up with our besties, the other W family, for a playdate at the Monkey House. It was crazy busy but the kids had a blast! Harrison was beyond excited for some playtime with Drew (and Adam) and Madeleine blew me away with her sweetness by helping not only with Charlotte but Titus as well. Madeleine is going to make one great babysitter soon. She loves little kids so much! And, has such patience with them.

It actually started snowing as we were leaving -- crazy weather!





We had movie night that night. We watched the old Disney movie That Darn Cat for the first time and the kids loved it! It was one of my favs growing up and fun to experience it with them.
Friday morning we stayed around the house and cleaned and I did some much needed laundry. :) That afternoon Madeleine, Harrison & I went to the library while Charlotte napped. We had quite a list of books we wanted to look for and found most of them!
We paid for that nap that Charlotte took later that night-- she was up and reading in bed with us at 10:30 that night. Ay-yi-yi!
Saturday we picked up Alex and Veronica again and went to do the building project at Lowes. It was by far the hardest project yet (we actually took extras home to build that afternoon).



The kids had fun which was all that really matters! I think they had a fun spring break. Our kids are so easy -- they love being home and staying in their PJs all day and playing with each other at home.

No comments: