Monday, June 24, 2013

Fathers Day Weekend and On...

For Father's Day weekend we'd been planning to take a trip to Little Rock and visit. We got a bit of a late start because we had our friend Veronica spend the night on that Friday night and then it just took us awhile to get out the door on Saturday. We'd been promising Veronica that she could come and spend the night and that was going to be the last night for a bit since we were heading out of town. I have to admit that I came very close to bringing her with us that day -- she was begging me to come and it's so hard to take her back to where they live. It breaks my heart every time. But, her mom wasn't there and I wasn't going to take her without talking to her mom.
 
We got to Little Rock in the early afternoon. The kids were so excited to be there! Not long after we got there, Sugar, Stewart & Cormac came by. We celebrated Grandad's birthday a few days late that night -- with German Chocolate Cake, of course!  They stayed for dinner and then after dinner we all watched Up, which is such a cute movie! 

We all took turns loving on Cormac -- he is just the cutest baby! He is in that really fun phase of giggle, squeals and babbling. The kids thought it was adorable. :)
All of my sunday pictures are on Matt's phone so I'll have to add those later. The kids are always so excited to give gifts -- I love how excited they get about seeing someone else open their gift! We got Matt some new golf clubs a couple of weeks ago as part of his gift, and then the kids got him some new golf shirts on Father's Day. They were very proud of their cards too -- they worked and worked on them last week! After a yummy lunch at home and some delicious pies too we hung out for the rest of the afternoon.

Then that night, Matt, Madeleine & I headed home. Madeleine and Harrison stayed on in Little Rock and spent some time with Mimi & Grandad. They have been looking forward to getting to have some special time with them this summer! And, it was kinda fun for me and Matt to have some one on one time with just Charlotte. I know that it's all perspective, but just having one kid after having 3 most of the time is cake

Monday we just did some catching up things around the house and then Tuesday we took Charlotte to Boingo Bounce. Tuesday afternoon I took food to a friend that has had an adorable new baby and then we all went up to the Promenade to do some birthday shopping for Madeleine and go to dinner.

From all the fun-looking texts I got, I don't think the kids missed us much at all! They painted pottery, played at McDonalds, went to the Museum of Discovery and had a blast! 


I have to admit, I was very ready to have them home! I'm thankful that they had a good time, but I love having them here at home.

No comments: