Monday, June 3, 2013

May Wrap Up

Well here we are into June and I'm just getting around to wrapping up May. We had a busy month and I think we were all counting the days until Summer. Madeleine started softball and we've been spend a couple of nights a week at the softball fields, the kids both had end of year school activities, teacher apprec week, and just trying to squeeze in everything I wanted to get finished and not have to do this summer. :)
 
I tried to enjoy my last couple of weeks with just Charlotte before the big kids were home all day. Certainly, I'm most happy when all my chicks are home in my nest, and I love having them home for summer, but I've also really enjoyed some one on one time with my littlest.
 
Charlotte is obsessed with Barbie: The Princess & the Popstar. Obsessed. She sings the songs all the time. Sometime we'll just be in line at Walmart or at the Post Office and she will bust out with here I am, being who I want, giving what I've got....Nice, huh? She's got some serious moves to got with it too. The whole production makes me giggle every time. I find myself praying each Sunday that she doesn't just bust out in the middle of church with it. :) Her favorite thing to do at home is to wear her purple and sing along. She's started using mini hand sanitizer as her microphone of choice -- it goes with us everywhere (thus the random singing wherever we go).
 

The last couple of weeks Charlotte and I visitied some of our favorite spots -- first we hit the mall.





Then our local park.



We have had some really bad storms come through here lately. I've woken up to this view several morning lately. Matt is smart and takes refuge in one of their rooms -- and I get these 3 in the bed with me. ;)
Being up at night from storms had made for some much needed naps lately for Charlotte. Poor little one, she just can't always keep up with the big kids.
My view one night as I fixed dinner. The kids have taken to coloring while I make dinner most nights lately.



Finally, we started our summer (and June) off with a bang and headed to silver dollar city! It was our first time there and it was a huge hit -- thankfully, since we bought season tickets. :) We had such a fabulous time! I'm really looking forward to going back.

Madeleine is pretty fearless and will ride most rides with either me or Matt. She's old/tall enough to ride everything which is awesome! And, Harrison and Charlotte and co-ride a lot. Right after we got there, Madeleine, Harrison & I rode Thunderation -- I didn't think to look at how scary it was because Harrison could ride it. Well, it was wild. Oops. He was NOT happy about it and I think it scared him from riding for a couple of hours. Finally, he recovered and we all did some other fun rides.


We took a break after several hours and had a snack. We'd had a HUGE breakfast that morning in Branson, but the kids needed a rest and I was dying for a funnel cake. It's been years since I've had one, and I couldn't wait to let the kids have their first taste. Madeleine loved it & her sour frozen lemonade! Matt had his first taste of funnel cake too and I think he's now hooked. Nothing like fried dough to refresh our energy!
Poor Charlotte fell asleep around lunchtime. She had had such a fun morning and she just collapsed in Matt's arms. She only took a little nap, and then joined right back in!
That about wraps up our May. Now on to June and all the fun that summer holds!

No comments: