Friday, October 25, 2013

No School Day

The kids had a day off from school last Monday. Matt had to work since it was an inservice day, but the kids and I had a fun day by ourselves! We stared the morning with painting our pumpkins. They did a great job and spent almost an hour working on them. 




After cleaning up, we met the Scogin girls for lunch at ChickFilA. They were headed to get mani/pedis and Madeleine went with Lindsey and they had such a fun time! I am so thankful that she and Lindsey have become such good friends -- I'm loving watching their friendship grow!
She came home with silver and black and they looked amazing! I'm a bit jealous. :)
While Madeleine had her fun, Charlotte and Harrison & I headed home. I'd promised Harrison that his buddy Hayden (from across the street) could come over and play for awhile. So, while the boys played, Charlotte and I snuggled up and watched a movie. Then we piled back in the car and headed to tumbling. I snapped this picture of Charlotte watching the big girls doing their lesson that day -- and just moments later, Mr. Joe invited Char to join the class. She was in heaven and it made her day too!
Needless to say the kids were good and tired that night and ready to tackle another week of school. I think we all needed a day of just fun and this was perfect!

No comments: