Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Class Birthday Party

One of the last few days of school, Harrison's class had a Class Birthday Party to celebrate everyone's birthdays. His teacher is so fun! I got to help with the planning and I loved it! 

We started by doing tie dye shirts a couple of days before and then they all wore them that day. They turned out so cute! Here is his class picture in their party gear -- we did a luau theme so they were all in leis as well. 
We did face painting, chalk, and exploding chalk first. Then we did some relay races before taking a popsicle break.

Harrison and Parker. They painted their faces to be the Uso Brothers (from WWE). All his friends are big-time into wrestling right now and they read books on wrestlers and trade their wrestlers all the time!
After lunch, I'd planned some water balloon games and a fight. But, the high for the day was only 62 and it ended up being kinda cold outside. Crazy May weather!! I'm just thankful it didn't rain -- it was the only day all week that we didn't have massive amounts of rain.
We did a water balloon race -- carry the water balloon on the spoon.

Then round 2 -- put the spoon in your mouth and carry the water balloon.
This little cutie got to pretend she was in 2nd grade for the day!
We also did a water balloon toss.
I set up a luau themed table in the classroom which I think turned out so cute! We did lunch for the kids -- hot dogs, chips and drinks. I bought 60 hot dogs and by the time the kids were done eating, there were 6 left! Those kids like hot dogs!!
One of the moms got the cake from Ricks and it was so cute! Love how it turned out!
Those kids devoured that cake too! I guess being outside worked up their appetites! And, cake from Ricks is just the best. :)

It was a super-fun-filled day! I loved that I got to share in it with Harrison and his sweet class. I've been able to volunteer up there every Thursday morning this year and I have gotten to know the kids in his class. I am so thankful that Mrs. Foster let me help! It has been such a blessing to me to be there and help out. And, my little sidekick thought she was hot stuff getting to help out as well. :)

No comments: