Friday, June 5, 2015

End of Year Fun

Our last week of school was super busy! Harrison had his spelling bee and some fun activities, and Madeleine had her awards ceremony & talent show. 

Charlotte and I went up for her awards on Thursday morning. Madeleine racked up on the awards this year! Honor Roll, Roll Model, No Strikes All Year (aka Perfect Behavior), and Math and Literacy Awards (95% or higher all year). 
She got this cool backpack for going all year without any strikes. There were only a handful of kids that earned this and I'm so proud of her!

Friday was the last day of school. These 2 were excited to start their LAST day!
I picked up Harrison early and had to get a picture with his teacher. :) He has had the absolutely best, most wonderful, amazing year with her. She has taught him so much -- way beyond what the curriculum said she "had" to teacher. He learned to multiply & divide and even learned some fractions too. His little mind is a sponge and she made sure it was filled every single day. And, on top of that she loved him and took such good care of him. There is something special about knowing that your child is spending their days with someone that's a Christian as well. He certainly is going to miss Mrs. Foster next year! I have a feeling she may be the teacher that he measures all others against for many year (I know that I had one of those teachers when I was younger).

Next year I'll have 2 of them there!
That afternoon was Madeleine's talent show. I'm just amazed that she got up there in front off all kids 5th-8th grade and performed! She has also had an amazing year. One of her teachers, Mrs. Douglass, told me that she was so proud of how much Madeleine had come out of her shell this year -- so much that she would do the talent show! She said Madeleine has grown so much in confidence this year. At our first teacher conference this past fall, her teachers all commented on how they were trying to build her confidence and get her to talk more in class and they also all told me that last day how proud they were of her and how much she's grown. I love that she had teachers that took such a personal interest in her -- I know that she will miss them so much next year!

For the talent show, she & her friends did a skit to "You Just Got Dunked On" -- a song by Froggy Fresh. It was so cute! They got lots of laughs in all the right places!

Here is Madeleine & her 3 best friends -- I am so so thankful that she has chosen such great girls to be friends with! They are so silly and funny and adorable together. I can only hope they stay friends for many years.


No comments: