Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me! :)

Yep, today's my birthday! I woke up this morning to find a beautiful vase full of stargazer lilies and one of my favorite candles waiting for me on the kitchen table. What a nice surprise and wonderful way to kick off my last year of being twenty-something! So, in honor of my 29th birthday, I thought I'd post 29 things about myself. Here goes:

1. I have two degrees from Harding -- a BBA in Accounting and a BA in French.
2. I wish I'd been a teacher.
3. I've never had a speeding ticket.
4. My first car was a brand new two door red Saturn with all the bells and whistles -- Thanks Dad!
5. I love to exercise.
6. I go to the gym 5 times a week.
7. I LOVE running and stink at any kind of team sports.
8. I'm what you'd call a healthy eater.
9. I don't like "mushy" foods (bananas, soft biscuits, etc.)
10.I'm a total neat freak!
11.I have to have my laundry folded a certain way.
12.I hate to empty the dishwasher.
13.I love cold weather!
14.I'm hooked on The Weather Channel.
15.I check the forecast at least 8 times a day.
16.Being a mom is the most fulfilling and yet hardest job I've ever had.
17.I can't survive without my diet cherry diet coke from Sonic every day.
18.I like to read.
19.I had the same roomate all 4 years of college.
20.I like to cook and try new recipes.
21.My favorite show of all time is Gilmore Girls.
22.I TiVo it every day in reruns.
23.I like to shop & LOVE a bargain.
24.Ann Taylor Loft is my favorite store.
25.My sister is my best girlfriend and we talk everyday.
26.I think I have the most amazing husband ever.
27.I drink a pot of coffee every day.
28.I think the best sounds in the world are hearing someone call you "mama" and the sound of my children laughing together.
29.I'm hoping for more sleep this year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Number 25. And Joyeux Anniversaire!!! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Wow, it's been ages since I've seen you! I found your blog through Shauri's and have gotten updates ever so often from Carrie. Looks like things are great in your life. What beautiful kiddos you have!

Jerelynn Mullens

David and Whitney Scott said...

I'm sensing a slight conflict between numbers 8 and 27. Happy Birthday, nonetheless! :)

Now, go and enjoy your tofu cake.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one!