Friday, May 23, 2008

Madeleine School Program

Last night we went to Madeleine's end of the year program at WeeCare. I didn't have extremely high expectations since she cried through her Christmas program, but I was also hoping that she'd grown up a little this year and would be more excited this time around. Yesterday afternoon she was bouncing off the walls with excitement!! She was running around the house singing her songs at the top of her lungs (all while Harrison was TRYING to sleep). :)

When we got to school last night, she wanted me to stay in the room with her -- okay, no problem. Then, she started looking teary right before time to go on. So, like any good mom, I bribed her with gum. I told her she could hold the gum while she was singing and eat it when it was over. Worked like a charm! hehehe. She sang her heart out and had a GREAT time! She spotted Matt and Harrison 1/2 way through and waved to them.

I'm posting some videos of her songs at the end -- you can see the piece of gum in her hand if you look! :)
Arriving at her classroom.
Lined up & looking sad.
Singing time!

See the gum?


My little family.
After the program was over we headed out to get some ice cream! Madeleine wanted a banana split, took 3 bites, then was ready to color instead.

Harrison finished off EVERYONE'S ice cream. He was a mess!


Good is So Good


Peanut Butter and Jelly


5 Little Monkeys


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Adorable! She did so well! Way to go Madeleine!

Kim said...

What an angel! I'll remember the gum trick - genius!