Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Party

Friday was Madeleine's Fall Party at school -- the first party of the year for the kids and they were sooooo excited! They were already bouncing off the walls when I dropped Madeleine off that morning and the party wasn't until after lunch! :)
Since I'm the room mom for the year it was my job to plan/coordinate it and I had such fun! The kids came in first and decorated their goodie bags with stickers, then while they took a nature walk to look for symmetry in nature (part of their math lesson) Ms. Simpson and I filled the bags full of fun things to take home.
When they came back from their walk they feasted on all the goodies that parents sent. They had cookies, cookie cake, candy, chips, grapes and cheese. It was amazing how much they ate considering they'd just had lunch.

After snacks the kids made Halloween Candy necklaces that I found. They were so cute! They had a pattern to them which they LOVED since they'd just finished learning about patterns in math. They all had a great time putting them together. I didnt' get any pictures of the finished product since they were nibbled away pretty quickly.


We ended the party by dancing to Halloween music with balloons I'd brought! It was a great way to get out all the sugar energy they had. :)
I loved every minute of getting to be up there and see Madeleine with her little friends at school. It was especially nice to get to focus all of my attention on her.....a big thanks to my parents for getting Harrison and taking him to their house for a couple of days!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

It's official...you are Super Mom!