Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Away

After Madeleine's party on Friday we packed up the car and headed for central AR for a visit with the grandparents. We spent Friday night and Saturday in Little Rock (of which I have no pictures) then headed to Searcy to celebrate with Matt's aunt and uncle on their 50th anniversary! I'm so thankful that we got to be there to share that special day with them. They have been so good to us......and to so many others as was obvious by how very many, many people attended their party!

The party was in the Cone Chapel at Harding which is BEAUTIFUL! I haven't been on campus much since we graduated a looooong time ago and I was amazed by some of the improvements. I didn't end up taking many pictures (I've got to work on this!) since we were too busy talking and enjoying ourselves. :)

Here's Pops and a very sleep Harrison --- who did great considering the party fell right during naptime.
I snapped some pics of the kids in their Sunday outfits since we were early.
I absolutely LOVE this outfit....and so does Madeleine! It's just so cute!
Madeleine's working on her posing for the camera and Harrison just wants to go check out the cake. :)
How stinkin' cute is Harrison's outfit?! I've decided it's a good thing we're having another baby since I'm not ready to give up having someone to dress in sweet smocking.
We walked around campus a little bit before hitting the road and heading home so the kids could get out the last of their energy and hopefully sleep on the way home. It didn't work.

And what trip to Searcy is complete without a stop at Sonic?? Matt and I spent many an afternoon there in college. And it hasn't changed. Not. One. Bit.
I also have to add this: EVERY TIME we get Harrison a corndog, he bites off the top and turns to me with fascination filling his voice and says, "Look Mommy, a hot dog in there!!!" It never ceases to amaze him that there's a hot dog in the middle. Hahahaha!

It was a great, albeit quick, trip. It took the kids a couple of days to get back on schedule and catch up on their sleep, but I think things are back to normal now. :)

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

We only missed you in Searcy by one day! I'll have to find out your grandparents' names. Both sets of Matt's grandparents have lived in Searcy for 50+ years and seem to know everyone.

Glad ya'll had a great little getaway!