Monday, April 18, 2011

Charlotte's Favorite Toy

When I was pregnant with Charlotte -- and, remember, we didn't know if we were having a "he" or "she" -- I stumbled on the Target 75% clearance sale one day. Mostly I was looking to add to my birthday stash or find something for the kids on a rainy day. But, they had so many baby toys. And, while I knew this baby was going to have plenty of toys handed down from big brother & sis, I also knew it would be nice to have a few new things, too. One of the toys I found was a fisher price shopping cart. Obviously this toy was a dud because they had mountains of them left! But, it was priced at $8, so I went ahead and bought one. As time went on and we had a girl, I left the cart in the attic & decided we'd buy the cute pink stoller as her push toy. Since I'd been helping with our nursery updating at church, I decided to give it to the nursery....until the night Matt put it together & Charlotte claimed it as her own. :) She loves this toy. Some days, it's the only toy she plays with all day long. She can get around the house very fast with it and is quite possessive about it! Ha! She's gotten particular about what's in it & if she ever gets her hands on one of the big kid's toy, you bet it's going in the cart! On this day the cart held: a headless polly pocket doll, a packet of Chick Fil A sauce (stolen from the pantry), two princess bowls, and a shaker toy. I love to see what's in her cart. Matt & I have joked that she's become a cart-lady. She has all her most prized possession inside and she's not letting go!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Isn't it funny to think about what's going through their little minds? Did I ever tell you that very shopping cart was Drew's favorite toy at that age? I think I need to bring it out for Titus soon!