Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tuesday Playdates

A few months ago, a few of us stay-at-home moms decided to start having a weekly playdate. This has been such a blessing to me! We've met most weeks over the past few months. While most of the moms/kids are part of our church, we've also been blessed to have some moms that are friends of friends. While not everyone makes it every time, each week has been such fun and different. I've come to really look forward to these playdates and I've enjoyed getting to know other moms and their kids even better! Even with 3 kids, I still seek advice from other moms. And, especially with 3 kids, I need the camaraderie and fellowship we have! And, Harrison has loved getting to play with some of his best friends each week and I've loved watching him grow closer to them as well!

This week our playdate was at a local park where the kids played on the playground, in the sand, and fed the geese. This is one of my favorite parks in NWA because it has just about everything!

One this day, Miss Charlotte was quite a mess! She discovered the stairs that led up to the playground and was determined to see how many times she could climb them. It wasn't long before we headed over the the swings.



Harrison found what he was sure was a dead worm in the sand. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was just an old sillyband that was broken and yucky. I'm still not sure which would have been more appealing. :)


Cute boys! They played happily in the sand most of the time we were there. They are so sweet to each other.


And one more sweet boy. :)


Miss MK....she was fascinated by my camera. So we took her picture so she could see herself. :) I love the look on her face -- she wasn't a fan of the sand, and neither was Charlotte. She and Charlotte are going to have such fun together -- and be such a mess!!


My friend Sarah and her sweet Mary Mack have joined our playgroup, too. She is the sweetest baby ever. We've spent a good bit of time together and I've still never heard her cry. :)

Charlotte and Taelyn. They are just a few days apart and already play together. One this day they were swapping snacks. :) And they're constantly swapping sippy cups, too! Ha!





Our last stop was feeding the geese before heading home. This is always our favorite thing to do at the park. These geese are pretty used to getting food and come running when you break out the bread.








Such a fun day! I always look forward to Tuesdays!

2 comments:

~aj~ said...

I will probably have a very similar blog post soon whenever I get around to posting all my pics. :) We LOVE Tuesdays! I wish there were more Tuesdays in a week!

Jamie said...

Love Harrison's haircut!! So cute!