Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1 On 1 Time

While Harrison is at school 2 days a week, I've been enjoying every moment of my one on on time with Charlotte. I was telling a friend recently that it's amazing how easy having "just" one seems now since I'm so accustomed to doing everything with at least two or sometimes three kiddos in tow. I remember when Madeleine was a baby thinking to myselft how hard it was to go and do things now that I had a little one with me all the time. Now I look back on that time and smile and think how much my vision has changed. And that's not at all to say that having one is simple or easy, I think you just adjust to having two or three and your definition of "busy" changes. :)


So, I'm loving this time with my sweet girl. I had quite a bit of time with Harrison when Madeleine first went to school, but this is the first time that I've been able to spend some time with Charlotte, just the two of us! And, I think she's enjoying having all the attention too! I'm doing a lot of "hometraining" with her during this time -- it's amazing how smooth things go when I can focus all of my attention on her. We've met Matt for lunch and gone to the park and spend hours reading and re-reading her favorite books. I've rocked and rocked her and sung all her favorite songs. And, while she rarely rocks to sleep, there have been times I have rocked long enough she's gone to sleep and I've been able to enjoy those precious moments of holding my sleeping girl.


I took some pictures of our day recently. She helped my reshelve books...and added a few of her own.


We played babydolls. She loves babies -- thankfully we have more than enough to keep her happy. :)


She helped me do some laundry. Harrison is also a big help with this when he's home, but this day it was Charlotte's turn. And, we ended up with some outside playtime after lunch and before her nap. This girl loves to swing and we spend a lot of time outside on these pretty fall days. Charlotte usually naps for the last couple of hours that Harrison is at school. I can get so much done during this time! And, I have to admit that I do enjoy having a few hours each week of pure quite in the house. :) I wouldn't want it that way all the time, but few hours each week is almost perfect!

No comments: