Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Corn Maze Craze

I'm so behind on posting all of our fall fun, but I'm hoping to catch up this week!

A couple of Fridays ago, we met up with some of our "bestest" friends, the "other W" family at the Ozark Corn maze for an evening of fun. This is the same corn maze that we went to last year so the kids knew what to expect and were super excited about going and even more excited that we were going with some of our good friends!

Our first stop when we got there was the petting zoo, which was mostly goats. Harrison wasn't too sure about them, but Madeleine went right in and had herself a good ol' time!
See here -- you can see Harrison hiding behind Matt. :)

Little Miss Fearless was enthralled with the goats. I think she would have been happy if that had been all we did the entire evening.




Just off the entrance they had a HUGE pile of dirt/mulch for the kids to play in, which was a hit! I think I could just bring a chair sometime and sit and let Harrison play in that pile all day long. :)







Next up was the corn cannon. We didn't do this last year, but Madeleine was excited to try it. Harrison decided he didn't want to do it -- and Madeleine was happy to take his turn! Harrison was more than content to sit nearby and pick up corn kernals from the ground and stuff them in his pockets. I found several cupfulls of corn at the bottom of my dryer the next week -- thankfully they didn't "pop" in there!



This is my view from the cowtrain. :) I sat in a seat with Harrison and I think my knees are just now recovering.
Finally, it was time for the big maze! Last year we wondered in there for a good hour, but this year we actually finished it really quickly. We even split up at one point and then found each other again and finished it all together. More corn was collected here. :) My camera batteries died at this point, so this is the last picture I took.

We finished up the maze and headed over to DQ for some treats. The kids had a great time playing on the playground and were wiped out when we headed home! I'm so thankful for this sweet family!

No comments: