Saturday, May 26, 2012

Harrison & Drew Day

Last week, we had Harrison's best friend Drew come and play with us one day. We've been planning this for a couple of weeks and both boys have been counting down the days! Harrison went and spent an afternoon at Drew's house on day after preschool, and since then, he's been dying to have Drew come here! I had several activities planned in case they got bored, but that never happened! They play together so often and are so used to being together that they never get bored. :)

We started our day by meeting up with the other W family at Chick Fil A for the boys to play for a bit before we brought Drew home with us. I had the most fun time listening to them talk on the way home -- they have the cutest conversations! Seriously, I laughed so hard at times!

The first hour we were at home they spent playing BeyBlades-- Drew had brought some of his and he and Harrison battled for the longest time. Then we broke out the playdoh and that kept them happily entertained for another hour. They were making ice cream and opened an ice cream store -- with me as their customer. My choices were quite exciting: worm ice cream, snake ice cream and dirt-cream. :) Those boys!
 They had lunch while I put Charlotte down for her nap. Harrison had picked out pizza lunchable for them earlier in the week, because he told me they were Drew's favorite. After lunch we headed outside to ride bikes and play ball while Charlotte settled down for her nap. It was HOT that day and we cooled off with some popsicles!




 After more bikes and helping me water the garden, we came back inside to "rest" for a bit before getting Madeleine. We popped some popcorn and watched some Tom and Jerry and I thought they'd be quite content for awhile -- only, after 20 minutes they were back to playing superheros!
We picked up Madeleine that afternoon and headed to meet up with AJ, Adam and Titus at Boingo Bounce to end our fun day! They were all pretty tired by the time the day was over, but it was oh-so-fun!

I'm so thankful that Harrison has such a great friend in Drew. They played all afternoon and never, not even once, squabbled. They are so sweet together and I loved listening to their laughter coming out of the playroom. They have the same silly sense of humor (and potty-humor) and they always have such fun together!

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I was smiling ear to ear as I read this post. Love those sweet kids!