Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Softball 2012

This year Madeleine has started playing softball. She has been so excited about playing and looking forward to getting started! Practice started last week and she is doing great. Her Daddy says she's a "natural," but he might be just a wee bit biased. :) 


The main thing is we want her to have fun and learn about the game. It's coach pitch and all the girls are still learning the rules of the game. But, Madeleine is having a BLAST! And, it amazing how much she has improved in just a couple of practices. They will start playing actual games in a couple of weeks and play until sometime in mid June. I have to say, I think it will be nicer when we are out of school and our evenings are not as busy.

I took some pictures at her practice on Saturday. I've taken my camera every time, but between trying to keep 2 kids happy and out of trouble, I haven't had much time for pictures.

Saturday was an extra special because Grandad drove up and for a few hours to watch her practice and spend some time with us. It's been almost 2 months since the kids have seen him and I think it's safe to say they they sure have missed him -- and I don't think he could stay away any longer! Harrison was up and out of bed early that morning, pacing, and watching out the window for him to arrive....and running out the door before he was even out of the car!

It was nice to have some extra hands at practice, especially since Matt ended up helping out on the field that day. 


Grandad and Harrison exploring.







No comments: