Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a great Mother's Day this year! Matt let me sleep a bit later and got the kids ready by himself. Just getting dressed alone is a gift these days. :) Matt & I are teaching this quarter, and Matt was doing communion thoughts at church that day, so it was quite a busy morning. I decided earlier in the week that I'd rather cook than try and go out for lunch. That way everyone could come home and put on their comfy clothes, and we could take our time and enjoy our lunch. I made pork tenderloin, potatos, green beans, strawberry pretzel salad and 4-layer dessert. It was so yummy! And, Matt did most of the dishes while I sat and had another cup of coffee.
 
The kids were so excited to give me their gifts! The one thing that I always want is some nice colored cards and they did such a cute job this year! Harrison made me a book and Madeleine wrote me a song -- which they all sang! Matt got me some yellow tulips and they gave me gift cards too.
 
We snapped a couple of pictures when we got home from church that morning. Love Charlotte's face in this one.


No comments: