Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teacher Apprec Week -- Part 2

As I said in an earlier post, Charlotte spent the first part of teacher appreciation week with my mom and dad. She was beyond excited at her big-girl week at Mimi's house. I snapped these pics as we got ready to leave that day -- after our stop at Sonic. :) 
She'd been telling Madeleine & Harrison for days that she was going and they were not! Ha! Harrison was pretty jealous, but Madeleine was looking forward to some time without her little sidekick. She's so amazing with Charlotte, but needs a break now and then.  
 The kids had school, homework, etc. that week, but we did sneak away one night for some TCBY on campus. It was a gorgeous night and we had fun eating outside!
 Seriously, how much of a heartbreaker is he here??!!
 Madeleine & Harrison had their own table and were engrossed in their own conversation. We got so tickled at them -- they were being quite animated in their discussion. I'm sure it had something to do with Star Wars. They are pretty obsessed these days.
 I love that they are still the best of friends. I often see them walking to the car in the afternoons and Harrison will reach out and grab Madeleine's hand and they will walk to the car hand in hand. (takes the edge off the fight that happens next about who will sit in the middle seat -- ha!). And, just tonight at dinner, Harrison asked Madeleine to take him to the Lion's Den at school in the morning so he could buy something. He could go alone, but he loves having her there to help him -- and she is always so so sweet about helping him out.
 One morning that week, Harrison had his checkup. We were in and out in record time. Thankfully he is healthy -- but crazy enough the boy has lost 2 lbs this year! What?? I knew he'd grown and gotten so skinny, but down 2 lbs and grown taller several inches. No wonder I've had to pull his pants in. :) So, in order to make up some of that lost weight -- we headed to Panera for a nice big cinnamon roll! It was such a treat to get to sit and have some one on one time with just him in the middle of the day. We talked all about school before I had to take him back up there.
 Thursday around lunchtime, my mom, Sharon & Cormac came up and brought my Charlotte home to me. The kids were soooo excited to have Cormac coming to see them! We met up and I took them to one of my favorite F'ville spots for lunch -- Hammontrees. It is so yummy! We shared an assortment of gourmet grilled cheeses and the best sweet potato fries. Then we picked up the big kids and headed home.

Madeleine was quick to steal some time with Cormac. They are all just in love with him!
 Matt even came home much earlier than usual to get him some love in too!
 I'm not sure Cormac knows what to think about Charlotte. :) She loves him to pieces though!

No comments: