Friday, May 24, 2013

Teacher Appreciation 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week was the first full week in May. This year I was the PTO Chair for the Teacher Apprec Committee and I'd been planning for weeks. I really love this position -- I've actually done a big part of this the past 2 years (while President & Secretary), but this year I got to make all the plans and it was crazy, but tons of fun.
 
I know exactly how hard teachers work and it was fun to find ways to tell them how grateful we are for all that they do!
 
Like I said it was a crazy week, and I'm so thankful to my mom for keeping Charlotte most of the week, so I could spend as much time as I needed up at the school. It would have been tough on her being up there so much and she was able to have a fun week too at Mimi's house!
 
My plan was to do a small goodie in their box each day along with some bigger treats during the week. Monday I did mini hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works attached to a card that said cute things about hands.
 Back
Front
Tuesday I did gum, with this saying: "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. Hope you have an extra good day!
 Wednesday I did bags of cookies with the saying "Thanks to you our kids are smart cookies!"
 Thursday I did bags of popcorn with tags that said "for a very POPular teacher."

I also planned some bigger events during the week. On Monday, we did a "picnic" lunch of grilled chicken sandwiches (from backyard burgers), potato salad (from Whole Hog), fresh fruit, and bar-style cookies for dessert. I didn't get to stay after setting up since I was dropping Charlotte off, but I think it turned out cute.

 Tuesday we did a Taco Bar catered by Qdoba for lunch. We had chicken and beef soft & hard tacos, queso and chips and 4-layer dessert. It was sooo yummy! I didn't get any pictures because we were so busy during lunch that day. :)

Thursday we did Cake & Coffee in the afternoon for the teachers. We did cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate bundt cake and chocolate covered strawberries along with coffee & flavorings. I wasn't sure how well this would go over, but it was a huge hit! Almost everything was gone in an hour! Yay! I'm so glad they liked it!

Earlier in the week, we gave the teachers/staff Sonic drink order forms and Friday we provided them a large drink of their choice with a bag of chex mix. We also put sonic gift cards and candy in their boxes that day.
 On Friday we gave the secretaries, principal, and asst. principal candy bowls filled with truffles and a gift card to Starbucks (which they are always drinking up there!). They are always so helpful and encouraging during TA week, and I wanted to do something a little extra for them.
I have to say, I was exhausted when the week was over! :) But, it was so fun to make our teachers feel loved. Many of the families at our school don't have the resources to send something this week, so PTO takes the lead and does most of it. I'll be sad to not be a part of this next year -- I'm taking the role of VP of Committees -- but next year I'll be busy during TA week planning Matt's Graduation which will be at the end of that week!! Woo hoo!

No comments: