Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Little Helper

This little girl is such a good helper! I remember Madeleine at her age and what good help she was too and how much fun we had every day. And, now I'm getting to do that all over again with Charlotte. She loves to help me clean each week. I give her a bottle of watered-down windex and she cleans the baseboards and all the doors. My house is cleaner than ever! What am I gonna do next year??

She helped me unpack the Christmas dishes this week. I let her do the box with the kids non-breakable and I think she said "this is sooo cute" at least 50 times while she was unpacking! Then she organized them all in the cabinet for me too.
And, she is working hard on making her bed every day. One of the few things I'm really big on is making their beds every day. I want to teach them to take care of what they have been given and not everyone in this world has a bed to sleep in and Daddy works hard to provide for us so we are going to treat what we have with care. And, in this house that means making our beds (and picking up their toys, but that's another post). Hopefully, one day they will understand that I'm not mean, but that we are trying to teach them thankfulness and steer them away from entitlement.

And, she did all of this without any help! And look how proud she was of her work. I don't go in and "rework" what they do. I want them to take pride in their work and that will  never happen if I'm just going to redo it.

No comments: