Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Last Time

There is this poem going around the internet right now about how we don't always realize that the last time we do something with our children is actually the last time. I have tried to soak in those little moments with each of my children, especially as they grew and got to that point where I knew we were reaching the end of certain seasons with them. I took special note of how their little fingers felt wrapped around mine or of how it felt to to hear those broken first sentences. 

But, I think I've been even more aware with Charlotte knowing she is our last baby. So when crawled up in my lap after a rough evening last night, I was more that happy to rock her. And, we rocked long enough that she went to sleep. It's been a long time since I have rocked her to sleep. And, I may never do it again. So last night I enjoyed every moment and soaked up the feeling of her little body against mine as we rocked the night away. 


No comments: