Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Harrison Turns 8!

Harrison had a fabulous birthday this year! He has so much excitement in a few days and it's always one of the best days over Christmas break! He knew just what he wanted to do that day and got up early that morning to make the most of his big day. We had his favorite breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and paris puffins. Then he wanted to open gifts -- it's always extra fun because of no school on his birthday. 
 He got a big over the door basketball goal that has been very entertaining for all of us! I constantly hear the sound of a ball bouncing in the foyer and I love it.


 The girls pooled their budget and got him a big nerf gun and target that also has provided hours of fun -- constant nerf wars will be one of the things I will always remember about Christmas break 2014. :)

 He got his first robe too. I searched forever to find a robe for him and I'm so glad I didn't give up! I found this awesome Spiderman robe at Target online and he loved it! He's worn that robe constantly for days -- reminds me of Hugh Hefner. Ha!
 One of the highlights of Harrison's day was having some family her to celebrate with him! My mom & Dad came up late Sunday night (they had to drive to Newport that afternoon for a funeral, then on to NWA so it was quite a drive!) and Sugar, Stewart, and Cormac came up on Monday morning. I know how hard it is to make a trip to NWA with a toddler in tow, not to mention going and coming in the same day and it meant so much to Harrison to have them here -- and so much to me that they would tough out a trip like that just to love on our boy on his birthday!!

All the kids were thrilled that Cormac was here! They had the best time with him and kept him well-entertained. :) We also got to give Cormac his Christmas gifts that day and they couldn't wait for him to see what they had picked out for him!

 After a fun morning, and several naps that afternoon, it was time for dinner. Harrison had decided weeks ago that he wanted to go to our local favorite mexican spot for dinner, but when we pulled up they were closed for a private party. (boo!) So we ended up with dinner at Red Robin and it was yummy. We promised Harrison we'd go do mexican the next night and he could still have his preferred birthday dinner.

 Then it was home for cake and ice cream.
Sharon took this picture that night and it might be one of my favorites of all time. I know that he won't always look at me this way, so I cherish these sweet moments even more. 
 A few weeks ago, my parents decided to give Harrison tickets to his first basketball game for his birthday. My dad was talking to some friends at church that have season tickets, telling them that Harrison was going to his first game on his birthday, and asking for suggestions about where to buy ticket/sit. Well, they offered their seats to us and said they were awesome and were they ever! We are so thankful for sweet friends that gave them to my parents! Harrison had an amazing experience for his first game! They were just a few rows behind the players bench and you could see all the action! He loved every single moment!
 Matt got to go too and said that we will never top this for Harrison and I'm pretty sure he is right! Harrison got to sit between Grandad & Daddy and be right there up close. It doesn't get any better than that for this Razorback fan.

 Matt texted me a few picture before and during the game...

 
And, while the boys went to the game, we got to love on Cormac for a bit more before they had to head home. Charlotte just dotes on him -- and I think the feeling is mutual. He loves his Char-Char. 
 It was a perfect day for our 8 year old! I would not change one thing -- we was well celebrated all day long. And, to top it off he got to spend the night with Mimi & Grandad and swim the next morning. We also kept our promise and did mexican food the next night just for him.
 And, even our elf celebrated Harrison that day by leaving thought bubbles all over the house!


Happy birthday to our favorite 8 year old. We are so thankful that we get to be your parents.

No comments: