Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July Odds & Ends

Well, obviously not technically from July, but we had a good time celebrating Matt on Father's day. I made his favorite roast for lunch, and the kids gave him cards and gifts and he had a nap. All he wanted. :)

We turned Charlotte's bar into a tent one night. The kids ended up just watching a movie in it before deciding to go to their own beds to sleep which was fine by me.

I walked in to check on Harrison one morning and found him like this. I guess he was pretty tired. Ha!
Fridays are typically our cleaning days. This summer the kids have to clean their rooms, and cooperatively clean their bathroom. They love doing it -- seriously. They think it's so fun! I hope they still think that as teenagers...
One afternoon, I found them playing real-life Clue. Charlotte was "dead" and Madeleine & Harrison were trying to solve the mystery.
Sugar & Cormac & Mimi came up for a short visit. The kids loved having them here!
I loved seeing these 3 coloring at my kitchen table.
We have had some crazy rain lately. The creek in our neighborhood was filled and overflowing.
Cookies after Madeleine's tumbling lesson one afternoon.
Harrison had his annual allergist appt and blood work. He is such a trooper!
My sweet girls. I love the way that Charlotte is looking at Madeleine in this picture.
I took the girls to open gym one Friday, and Harrison and I had a date night. He picked the place -- Rib Crib and we had the best time, just the 2 of us!
Then we went school supply shopping (divide and conquer is my motto for back to school shoppping this year). Then we ended our date with ice cream at Braums. I'm so thankful that I got to have this time with my boy!
I took the girls school supply shopping after gym one day, and while we were shopping we were asked to be filmed by walmart. The kids were so excited and I learned that Charlotte is anything BUT camera shy. She was a hoot on film. We basically walked down an aisle and picked out school supplies while they filmed/took pictures of us. It was kinda funny. I'm not sure if they will ever do anything with the film, but it could possibly be on the news at some point. The kids are sure we are going to be famous. :)

No comments: