Monday, October 22, 2007

Harrison is 10 Months Old!

Today Harrison is 10 months old! Wow! He's already turning into a little toddler & seems to be less and less of a baby with every passing day. This has been such a fun month -- again! Harrison has to be one of the happiest, most pleasant babies ever created! He is extremely laid back and content with whatever you want him to do (unless he's hungry, he LOVES to eat!). He greets me with a smile each morning when he wakes up and immediately starts looking for his sister. He absolutely LOVES Madeleine, and the feeling is mutual. I really cannot dream of a better baby. I find myself both looking forward to and dreading his first birthday. It's just coming too quickly for me! Just 2 months to go and I know they'll go by so fast. So, here's my 10 month old :

  • He has 7 teeth & is working on getting #8. Thankfully, the doctor said that he can get up to 8 in his first year & we're there & looking forward to a couple of months without cutting teeth!
  • He LOVES to eat! His new favorite food is cheese -- any and all types. He also likes pudding, yogurt, apple juice, and bananas.
  • His favorite time of day is bathtime. He gets sooooo excited standing at the side of the tub before his bath & tries to climb in. :)
  • He can say "mama" and "bye-bye" and will wave, too.
  • Today he started to blow kisses! So sweet! He thinks it's funny when I blow them back to him & he'll laugh and laugh. He also now gives hugs & kisses to us. He will tackle Matt when he gets home in the evening and hug him and give him kisses.
  • He is into EVERYTHING! Nothing is safe anymore. He can get somewhere before I have time to blink & has started trying to open cabinets & drawers. Boys!
  • He adores Madeleine & they play together so well. I really couldn't imagine this being any better. She looks out for him & he just follows her around and destroys her stuff! Ha!
  • He still has those dimples! They are here for keeps, I hope! He's got such an easy smile & will smile and "talk" to anyone that looks his way -- such a flirt! Every time I go out with him, someone stops me to say what an adorable little boy & when he starts to smile at them, they just ohhh & ahhh over him.
  • He still loves to play with the toilet. Even with the lids closed, he'll stand there & pat-pat on the lid. :)
  • He loves to snuggle. When I rock him, he just turns into me and snuggles right into me. I love this and have taken to rocking him and holding him on those mornings that Madeleine's at preschool. He's only a baby for awhile....
  • He loves Bible class and has such a big time there! His teachers love him!
  • He's just about to walk! Wow! He's ready and getting a little frustrated with himself, so I know it's coming. He's now able to stand by himself for a couple of seconds before he lowers himself to the ground. He's a super-fast crawler so he'll give up on cruising and just crawl when he wants to get something fast.
Before lunch -- he's still clean!
Getting into Madeleine's "stuff"
Uh-oh, getting mommy's things!
10 months old!

1 comment:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

What a cutie pie! Maybe he can teach Eric how to walk in a few months.

shelly dahl