Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Harrison!!

It's amazing to think that my little boy is now 2!!! It seems like I was just holding him in my arms for the first time and now he's SO independent and quite a MESS! I never knew what I was missing until I became the mom of a boy and now he has me wrapped around his finger and he's wrapped around my heart. I am absolutely in love with him and he's quite a mama's boy. He is so loving and affectionate....always giving us kisses and hugs and pats on the back. He's also gotten to be quite a ham and will really play up to a crowd!

Here's a little walk down the past two years....

A few hours old

Four months old and starting to show that happy personality

Last christmas

Yesterday

Harrison is just pure joy! He's happy almost all of the time and loves to wave and say "hi" to people everywhere. He still has those adorable little dimples and they just melt my heart!
He is a great eater -- although he's discovered candy. He will stand at our candy jar and yell, "candy, candy," over and over. His favorite foods right now are : bacon, bacon and bacon! He also likes pineapple, oranges, grapes, american cheese, pretzels to name just a few. He still will only drink his milk warm and only when he's sleepy.
He's a great sleeper! He naps for 2-3 hours every day and sleeps for 10-11 hours at night. We've turned his crib backwards since he likes to climb out of it.
He loves books. He will sit and read by himself and loves for us to read to him. He'll last through a pretty long book without getting ansy. His favorite books are Dora/Diego, Barney, Backyardigans or any books about animals or trains.
He is really into trains. He loves to "choo-choo" and make them go! He's also really into playing with animals -- especially dinosaurs. He will make them fight and make this really REALLY loud growling sound. He'll do this until he's hoarse!
He's fascinated with the little Christmas houses I have out. He'll stand under them and say "house" until I hold him up. Then he has to point out the door, shoes, ducks, snow, star before I can put him down. We do this about 15-20 times a day.
His vocab has taken off this past month, although I'm the only one that can understand it. He's repeating a lot more of what he hears and putting words together more and more. He says, "I eat," "all through" "all clean" "drink please" to name a few. He also can count to 10 with a little help on 7 and 8. He recognizes letters, but calls them all either "A" or "O." He recognizes a circle and calls it by name and can also draw a circle. He also knows the color red.
He's very physically active -- always climbing on something! He keeps me on my toes making sure that he's safe.
He loves to watch TV! His favorite show is Dora and he does the "swiper, no swiping." It's so cute! :) He also still likes Lion King and we've added Wonderpets and Backyardigans to his new favorites. He can even sing the Backyardigan song.
He also is really into singing. He loooooves the Wise Man song. I sing this at least 4 times a day! He can sing some of this with me. He also likes God Made the Big Round Sun and This Little Christian Light and can sing most of God Made the Big Round Sun. I just love to hear his little voice singing! It's so sweet.
I could write so much more about my little tater, but most of you have already stopped reading by now. :) I just can't imagine our life without him.









No comments: