Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Painting Pumpkins

First of all, I'm not at all crafty. I wish I was one of those mom's that could come up with those adorable crafts that kids not only enjoy doing, but also look great. Alas, that was not my gift. So, all the crafting that happens around our home is easy-peasy and usually lifted from some other website. Ha!

Every year since Madeleine was 3 (and her preschool class did it) we've been painting pumpkins. It's always one of the kids favorite activities and it's great for all ages & skill levels. I actually really enjoy this one too. :) Harrison and I picked out the "perfect" painting pumpkins & some paint to go with it. I let him choose the paint this year, thus the white, blue & green options. It's all about what they like & I usually want their crafts to be very "them."

They had such fun this year working on their pumpkins. We chose a beautiful day and worked outside while miss C was napping one afternoon. They spent the longest time on their masterpieces...even Harrison. And, they were so proud of them! They couldn't wait to show them to Dad when he got home -- and of course he was quite impressed. I do think they look a bit modern artish this year! Hehe...





Up next?? Pumpkin pie play-doh.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I love the last picture of all the pumpkins in a row. :)