Sunday, May 29, 2011

Charlotte at 16 Months

Oh my. So many days I feel like time is slipping through my fingers and no matter how hard I try to hold on, I simply cannot. Each day my babies are growing bigger and I see that the most in my sweet Charlotte.

Some days I'm amazed that you are the same girl that turned 1 just four short months ago. To say that you've "come into your own" would be quite an understatement! Your little personality has blossomed into a BIG character. You wake up each morning ready to greet the world and go go go at 110% until you just drop! You take a great nap each day. When we rock before nap/bedtime, after awhile, you will sit up and look at me and point to your bed. I'll ask if you're ready to go to sleep and you nod yes. You'll happily lay down and rub your blankie on your face until you're fast asleep. You still sleep 11ish hours at night and I'm always ready for you to wake up each morning -- I've missed you!

You have developed quite a personality and you're pretty full of yourself. I constantly hear you laughing to yourself at something you're doing. You love attention, but have become more shy around strangers lately. You've also become quite a Daddy's girl, too. As soon as you hear the garage door going up each afternoon you start running for the door yelling "dada dada dada." If you see him across the room at church or at school, you'll yell for him until he waves to you. :)

You still love your brother & sister and they both love you back so much! You've learned this month how to open the playroom door so you can "join" their games and they've had to learn to block the door to keep you out! This makes you very upset! You are quite a climber and can climb over your garden or toybox. You aren't afraid of anything! When Daddy, Madeleine & Harrison are wrestling in the evenings you join right in! You want to do everything that brother & sis are doing.

This month you've discovered the swing and slide outside. You squeal with delight when I swing with you on my lap or help you down the slide. It makes me laugh every time!

You may be rough and tough, but you're still such a girlie-girl. You don't like to have dirt on your hands. Each morning after I get you dressed, we look at your pretty self in the mirror. You immediately look for your hairbow and if you don't have one on, we have to get one. You'll actually wear it for a good while and if you take it out, you try and put it back on yourself.

You still love to read! We probably read 30 books a day, on average. Your favorites right now are "sleepytime dance," "goodnight moon counting book," and "baby at the farm." I read those dozens of times each week. If I even sit down for a second you come running to me with a book. You've been making a rearearearea sound for weeks when you have a book, and just this weekend we figured out you're trying to say "READ."

You've found your voice and you are LOUD. I guess you have to be to if you want to be heard! You can say a lot of words now:
*mama
*dada
*bubba (for Harrison)
*sissy (for Madeleine)
*me
*byebye
*uh-oh
*night-night
*no
*moo, baa, roar, woof-woof, quack-quack, neigh, and monkey sounds. :) You say them when I ask you what that animal says or when you see a pic of that animal.
*baby
*yum yum
*Bible
*God
*baba for bottle or cup
*whoa (when you're doing something like sliding!)
I know you say more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head -- those are the most common.
You are still a great little eater. You like almost everything we put in front of you, but you definitely have your favorite foods. They are: spagetti, cheese, corn, grapes, oranges, grilled cheese, french fries, apples, yogurt, and peas. You like the yogurt puffs and will eat an entire bag if I'd let you! You'll try most any food and I love the face you make if you think it's yucky. :)Most nights you're happy to sample what we're having for dinner and you still prefer salty foods to sweet. You rarely eat more than one bite of any type of sweet.

You've learned some new tricks this month! You can pull the bathtub plug and you like to sit and wave to the water as it goes out -- you say "bye bye water." You like to open any and all cabinet drawers and pull out the contents, which you can do in a matter of seconds. Some days I feel as if all I do is follow you around putting things back into drawers & cabinets. :) You are obsessed with shoes! If you're not wearing any shoes, you'll raid you shoe bin and bring me some to wear. And, you think the squeaky shoes are hilarious! You laugh and laugh at them -- and just stand in one place and stomp up and down to hear them!

You are such a perfect combination of sweet and sassy, silly and serious and I love you so much. You make life so much fun.
This month you were perfectly happy to have your picture taken. At first.





Then you wanted down.











No comments: