Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter

This year our Easter was the best ever!

The kids were so excited about the Easter Bunny coming to visit them! Madeleine even left a note for him -- and the Easter Bunny left her one back! I know for a fact, that our Easter Bunny has such fun filling the kids baskets. :) Madeleine was soooo excited to find Tangled in her basket, along with an Easter Fairy book.


Charlotte had fun as well checking out her basket!





Harrison was super-excited to find a DVD of He-Man in his basket!



Our Easter Bunny always fills & hides the eggs the kids leave in their basket the night before. Charlotte quickly discovered that some of the eggs had M&Ms in them--- yummy!

This year I really wanted to coordinate the kids for Easter. It's not so easy to do with Madeleine & Charlotte being so far apart in age. While we were in Orlando, I went to a Hartstrings store with the specific purpose of finding Easter-ware (and some other sunday clothes for Madeleine) and I was NOT disappointed! I found the perfect outfits for all of them! Harrison's shorts matched Charlotte's dress which matched the flower on Madeleine's dress! Yay!




I love this picture! It shows off each of their personalities so well!



Matt's parents were here some that weekend to celebrate with us too. I wish I'd taken a picture of our house on Sunday lunch. We ended up with 16 (including kids!). It was such fun! Matt & I invited some of our friends that weren't going to be able to be with their families that day to come & join us for lunch -- and we're so glad that they did! It was wonderful to be able to make memories with them!


I love Easter. I love that it means that Spring is just around the corner. I love all the fun activities that go with it -- and the chance to spoil my kids just a bit! I also love what it reminds me of, as a Christian. Because, while the world celebrates this day as the Resurrection of Christ, I am reminded -- again -- that in modeling the 1st century church, we are to remember Christ's death & celebrate his resurrection EVERY week. Not just on Easter. Every week. So to me Easter Sunday isn't any more important to celebrate the resurrection than any other Sunday. I am thankful that I get to stop and remember his sacrafice each week, not just one day a year. But, it's always a good reminder of how we are "set apart" from the world. And, I always seem to need that.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love the matching Easter clothes!