Friday, August 26, 2011

Bento Friday

Madeleine's teacher has some really fun rewards that the kids can earn this year. My favorite is that they get to have lunch in their room with her on Fridays if they haven't moved their stick off of green all week. So far, we're 2 for 2 with Friday lunches with Mrs. Lawson. When I told Madeleine this morning how proud I was of her for not moving her stick all week, she quickly informed me in her best know-it-all voice that "It's only the 2nd week of school. AND I didn't move my stick all year last year or in kindergarten (true!)." Well, I'm still proud of her and I love that she's getting a weekly reward for her good behavior.

What to pack for her lunch is something I actually think about a lot. It's hard to come up with healthy lunches and have variety. (Poor Matt on the other hand has a PB&J 90% of the time!) So, this year I ordered a bento box to try and make her lunch different sometimes. She loves when I use it! Here's her lunch for today -- not pictured are the 2 caprisuns & squeeze yogurt. (and if you haven't tried the fiberone brownies they are sooo yummy!)
Of course, her lunch is never complete without a note. :)

Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

Zac and Mandy said...

My mom used to write notes and put them in my lunch sack, and obviously I still remember it. I love that lunch box!

~aj~ said...

Cute lunch! Did you cut the cheese yourself?

We are always on the same wavelenght with stuff. I actually bought our first Bento box a few nights ago!

~aj~ said...

lol I just realized I said "cut the cheese" and had quite a chuckle. My junior high sense of humor is shining through. :)