Friday, August 19, 2011

Sweet Second Grader

Monday, August 15th....

Seems like I was just writing about the last day of school, and yet here we are again, back at school. Madeleine was very excited to be going back to school this year. She was excited to see her friends and get this school year started. Me? Not so much. I've really enjoyed summer and having all my babies home. However, the last couple of weeks I could tell Madeleine was ready to go back and start learning & having a schedule again.

The first morning of school went great. Harrison actually got up at 6am on his own and Charlotte was right behind him. I had to wake up Madeleine, but she popped right up and got dressed quickly. We left extra early that day because parking can be a bit of a nightmare on the first day & I had some things to deliver for the PTO breakfast before school started.

Here we are in the parking lot on that morning.
She'd lost a top tooth the night before so she was proudly showing off her gap-tooth smile! :)





Sitting at her desk. I'm planning to fully document each first day for as long as she'll let me. :)

Madeleine & her teacher Mrs. Lawson.

After helping to host the PTO kindergarten breakfast, and running several errands, Harrison, Charlotte & I headed home. When I asked Harrison on the way home if he missed Madeleine, his immediate response was "nope!" But, when we got home I could tell almost immediately that he was going to miss her a lot! They have played together constantly this summer and I'm just not quite the fun playmate as she is!


To pass the time, Harrison and I made our traditional first-day-of-school chocolate chip cookies for her. The whole time I kept thinking that this was the last year I'd do this with him and that this day is the start of my last year at home with him. I shed a few tears that day, not over Madeleine being gone, but over it being the start of the last year I'll have Harrison at home. Next year is going to be tough.


And, before I know it, this little girl will be heading off to school too.




Madeleine had a great first day and was quick to tell us that she LOVED 2nd grade! Yay! This year she's riding the bus to Matt's school so I had to wait even longer to hear about her day, but it was so worth the wait! She's had a great week and I'm so happy that she's loving school this year. :)

No comments: