Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hanging on to Summer

Even though school has started we've been spending every afternoon at the pool. I'd thought we might go a few afternoons, but it's the kids first & only request each afternoon, which is fine with me! We've had the best summer at our pool and I'm sadly ticking off the days until the pool is closed.

We've been so spoiled living so close to our pool. It's so easy to come home in the afternoons and change and be at the pool in a matter of minutes! I think that Madeleine needs to burn off that extra energy from sitting so much of the day and they all play so hard when we're there! We started off the summer without anyone knowing how to swim and now Madeleine is swimming on her own and Harrison is almost there too! I'm so proud of them both!

Jumping in. This is one of their favorite things to do. I think Harrison has done approximately 3,000 jumps this summer. And, just this week he's started jumping in the "deep" end and then swimming to the side.


Charlotte is going to be our dare-devil, I think. She'll wade out into the water until it's up to her nose and even then she's still pushing my hands away. She's also started jumping in with help and will do this over and over and over. She's seen brother & sissy do it and so, of course, she has to do it too. I'm hoping she'll be more confident and comfortable in the water and be an early swimmer.

And, she's so cute in her swimsuit! I loooove those chubby legs!





Madeleine has become quite the little fish this summer. She still lacks confidence, but she's getting there and she's getting braver all the time. She's gotten really good at swimming underwater. It still sends me into a mild panic to look out over the pool and not see her. I have to remind myself that she's underwater and wait a minute for her to surface. :) But, I'm so proud of her.



I wanted to add this one last picture from last night. I haven't been putting Charlotte in a swim diaper lately because she won't teetee in the pool. She always waits till we get home and put a diaper back on her. Friday night she waited till we got out of the pool but couldn't make it home. :) Oopsie!



No comments: