Monday, August 27, 2012

Make-do Mudroom

 
One of the things our house doesn't have is a mudroom -- it's probably the only thing that I'd change about the house. So, with both Madeleine & Harrison being in school full time and Charlotte going a couple of days a week, I needed a way to keep everyone organized. I didn't want to be looking all over the house for backpacks, homework, or daily folders. So, I made us a backpack station at the backdoor and so far it's working out great! 
 I repainted a frame and used burlap behind the glass to create a dry-erase board and embelished it with some burlap flowers I made. I'm planning to use it for daily reminders, good luck notes, etc. I also painted some flowers to go above the hooks to everyone has "their" spot.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love your "mud room." I was needing something similar too. I just hung Command strips up by the front door for their backpacks though. I like your idea much better! And I love the place to write notes! Hope your kiddos have a great year!