Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Madeleine's New Room

I posted pics of Harrison's new room awhile back, but I'm just now finally getting around to Madeleine's room. Hers has taken me longer to get just the way I wanted it -- with her imput, of course. I think we were both really tired of pink and wanted a change. I also wanted something that she could have for awhile and not outgrow. When we first saw this blue, we both loved it! I still have a few little things that I want to do in there, but for the most part it's done.
 
Madeleine is very artsy and saves everything, so we were trying for a compromise that would let her have all her "stuff" and yet not make my head hurt every time I went in there. I think we came up with some good solutions with the ITSO boxes by her desk and her bookshelves.
 
The view from the doorway.



 This is the view from her desk. It's beautiful!
 Madeleine loves to craft and draw. She's always sticking pins/taping things to her walls. It drives me nuts! And, after a fresh new coat of paint in there, we really didn't want to have holes in the walls. I found these magnetic boards which were a great compromise. She changes them out almost weekly and there are no pin holes! They are super-magneticy so they will hold almost anything.
 I also framed some of her artwork from Art Club last year. I think this one turned out great!

No comments: