Monday, August 13, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Good Friends

Almost 3 years ago, Matt started working on his Ph.D.  On his first day, in his first class, he met a guy that was also starting his Ph.D that year. And as the semester passed Matt and Ryan became fast friends. It was almost a year later that I met Ryan's wife, Sarah, when we had them over for dinner. By the end of the night, I knew that I'd made a great friend as well.
Over the next 2 years our familes became such good friends; I've often called them our "Fayetteville Family". It has helped me more than I can say to have someone that completely understands the stress and work and time it requires of your husband to get a Ph.D. -- and how hard it is to be the wife/mom in that situation....and how different that makes your life from everyone around you. I have been so blessed by her friendship. :) 
Sarah and I have spent countless hours at the park and mall for playdates. Charlotte and Mary Mack have been each others first little playmates and girlfriends. :)  
We got to keep Mary Mack a few weeks back while Sarah went to hear Ryan defend his dissertation. It was such a fun afternoon! Mary Mack just jumped right in with the other kiddos and had herself quite a time! 






This past week, we said goodbye to this sweet family as they moved out of state for Ryan's new job. They have been such a part of our lives the past few years and we are going to miss them so much!

No comments: