Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Going out with a BANG!

I wanted to do something fun to celebrate the end of summer. One of my friends did a water balloon fight last year with her family and I decided to borrow her awesome idea! The final friday of summer, we had a fun morning playing/lunching with friends. Then it was home for naps/rest time and to get ready for our big blow out. I'd been talking this up to the kids and they were soooo excited! We grilled out and they played on the blowup. Then it was time for the big fun!
 
We started with a silly string fight. They actually didn't like it too much at first, but then found out it's waaaay more fun to shoot it at people than to be chased and shot at. :) 








 I'm not sure, but I think Matt may have had more fun than anyone! After silly string we started on the water balloons. At one point there was silly string and water balloons flying around us everywhere. Fun!
 We ended the night with more fun on the blowup. Charlotte has finally semi-conquered her fear of going down the slide and being pelted by water.






It was a great way to end our summer! I'm thinking it might also be a fun way to start out summer as well. ;)

No comments: